Software : Stellarium
With Stellarium, you really see what you can see with your eyes, binoculars or a small telescope. This is a free GPL software which renders realistic skies in real time with openGL. ePlanetarium distributes and pre-loads all our planetarium systems - mirror and fisheye - with Stellarium software (at no cost). Show the skies in the dome, and then teachers and students can download their own copy for free from Stellarium.org for additional explortions! For more information or to download a copy, please visit Stellarium.org. Please note, not all versions of Stellarium work well with the mirror... we always install the best possible version available.
Our Tonight Sky Guide program utilizes Stellarium software that takes audiences on a journey to the stars, constellations and celestial highlights of our seasonal night sky. No matter what the weather is outside, the stars always shine in our dome. This program includes a live presentaton guide through the current night sky, tailored to meet appropriate audience level. Each quarter our customers receive a free sky script; or we will render a turn-key show for an extra cost.
- Over 600,000 stars from the Hipparcos Catalogue
- Planets and major satellites in real time - the visible side
- Realtime tilt of Saturn's rings
- 88 constellations with their names and mythological arts
- Images of more than 70 nebulas (full Messier catalog - Orion, M31 etc..)
- Photo-realistic Milky Way; Star twinkling; Shooting Stars
- Realistic eclipses, transit of Venus
- Zoom-in feature to see planets and nebulas up close